Menopause - Understanding Herbal Menopause Remedies
This is a natural condition in a woman's life and happens in every woman at her late 30's to early 50's.
Menopausal stage occurs under the influence of hormonal changes in the body and there are chemical and physical changes happen during menopause.
Most women may experience menopause symptoms like hot flashes, mood swings, urinary changes and changes in both sex drive and menstruation.
If you experience these symptoms of menopause, you must take good care of your health and nutrition.
Those who nourish themselves well make it through menopause in a good manner.
There are many herbal menopause products available in the market and they all claim to provide menopause remedies.
If you are decided to use them, it would be better to ask for your doctor's help and advice initially.
Since the government doesn't regulate most of these products, there is little study which can back up their claims.
However there are some products which can help menopausal women to go through this difficult stage of their life.
These are also some menopause remedies which have high concentration of phytoestrogens that possess an estrogenic activity which has the same effect as the hormones itself.
Herbal Menopause Remedies That You Should Know The following are some herbal menopause remedies which women can use as medicines during menopausal stage: * Soy and Isoflavones - These menopause remedies can help ease menopause symptoms like night sweats and hot flashes.
And when taken over a long term, it can have a positive effect to bones and cholesterol level.
John's Wort - This menopause herbal can help cure mild to moderate menopause depression in women by given in doses of less than 1.
2mg per day.
However it can increase skin sensitivity to the sun.
* Black Cohosh - It seems to be extremely safe menopause herbal and it can relief the symptoms of menopause like hot flashes and night sweats.
* Chasteberry - This is also called monk pepper or Indian spice that can inhibit Prolactin hormone which acts on the breast.
This can also help improve anger management skills, mood swings and breast fullness during menopause.
* Evening Primrose - They are used to relief breast pain, bladder symptoms and menopause symptoms.
* Dong Quai - This menopause herbal claims to ease menopause symptoms like hot flashes however it is proven to be potentially toxic to the health.
It has ingredients which cause excessive bleeding, thinner the blood and make the skin more sensitive to sunlight.
* Valerian Root - This is generally used as a tranquilizer and sleeping aid for menopausal women who suffer symptoms of menopause like depression and mood swings.
However there have been reports of problems and complications in the heart and delirium as the use of this menopause herbal is stopped.
* Ginseng - This menopausal herb can relief stress and boost the health of the immune system.
Moreover it is claimed that this can also relief menopause symptoms like hot flashes however further research found out that this isn't true.
* Wild and Mexican yam - These menopause remedies are generally known as an aid supplement for menopause.
However research proven that products with these components don't help in relieving menopause symptoms and they aren't expected to help menopausal women as they don't naturally include estrogenic or progestational properties.